Sunday, August 23, 2009

Down Under Dunder, Bullying and Kara Tamanini

Bullying is one of the themes in my YA novel, Grumble Bluff.

If you’ve ever been the victim of bullying, you know how debilitating and terrifying it can be. And if you’ve ever been a bully, perhaps you understand the phenomenon even better. Bullies and their victims…in my opinion, they both are deserving of some extra attention.

One of the followers to my new blog, Grumbles And Grins, is Kara Tamanini. She is a licensed child therapist, and she graciously agreed to write an article about bullying for my friend Jack Ramsay’s blog, Down Under Dunder. I encourage you all to visit Jack’s blog and check out Kara’s article as well as some others in the same vein. If we shine the spotlight on school bullying, maybe one day such despicable behavior will become atypical rather than the rule. Personally, I look forward to the day when it is ‘cooler’ to be kind and tolerant than it is to be a bully.

No comments:

Post a Comment